Wednesday 19 March 2014

Game Maker Studio Tutorial - Make your first Android Game #3 : Test and Publish


Now you have everything ready, let’s test the Leaderboard.

Before testing, make sure that you’ve done all things I mention above, or use this checklist
  • Create SHA1 key
  • Upload APK file to Beta Channel
  • Link the APK file to Google Play service and authorized it using SHA1 key
  • Copy the App ID to GMS
  • Disable “Anti-piracy”
  • Make sure all the testers have the Google+ account
  • Build another APK file for testing purpose
Please don’t use the YoyoCompiler ( YYC) to test the Leaderboard since it creates errors.

To test the Leaderboard, you should build an APK file, copy it to your phone and test the game there.

If you don’t have access to an Android device, get the emulator here
http://www.bluestacks.com/

If you use the emulator, remember to check the "x86" architecture in Global Game Settings, or the game will shut down when testing with Bluestacks.

Troubleshooting

1. My game crashes at the beginning !

 

This has nothing to do with the Google Play Service, but if you do encounter this problem ( like I did ), I found two possible solutions. You can find them both in Global Game Settings.
  • Disable ( uncheck ) the Bluetooth Gamepad/iCade Support 
  • Enable ( check ) the "x86" architecture. ( Only if you use Bluestacks )
 

2. Can't login to Google Play Service

 

Make sure that you've followed my checklist.
Common mistakes are not having a Google+ account, enable the "Anti-piracy" settings, test with YoyoCompiler.

3. I want to publish my game, how can I replace the testing leaderboard with a new one ?

 

Easy, once you complete testing, just add another leaderboard, copy the string and paste it to your code. You can delete the old one in Google Play Dev Console.

This post is helpful if you have more problems concerning with Google Play.
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=581853&page=1


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad you find this post helpful.

      Delete
  2. nice blog, can you do a tutorial on in app purchases

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did everything I could and I can't get past the 'Unknown issue with google play services' whenever I start the app. Has there been an update or something that's preventing me from connecting to google play services?

    ReplyDelete